I originally made these pizza muffins as part of the menu for my youngest son's 3rd birthday party in school.
I had wanted something popular with kids, something that's already portioned and easy to distribute, and something that can be in kid portions.
I got the recipe from an issue of Yummy magazine, and tweaked it to suit my taste.
I think these pizza muffins are also good as baon for both schoolers and their parents. :) It's also a quick snack you can whip up if you have surprise guests, or something your kids can make by themselves. :)
What's In It?
2 cups flour
1⁄4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
1 cup sour cream (1 cup milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar)
1⁄4 cup butter, melted
1⁄2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup sweet-style pizza sauce
1⁄2 cup shredded quickmelt cheese
Toppings: Small slices/bits of Italian Sausage, Salami and Ham
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs and butter until smooth.
- Add in flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir until all the flour and sugar have dissolved.
- Stir in cheese cubes, Italian seasoning and diced bell pepper.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, until three-fourths full.
- Spoon a tablespoon of pizza sauce on top of each muffin, top with shredded cheese and other toppings of choice.
- Bake at 200C for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool on on a wire rack and remove from molds.