Buying party meal packs from Jollibee or McDonalds would have been simpler and less taxing for me, but I went the DIY route because:
1) I wanted to serve smaller portions, because I saw how kids often had leftovers from JB/MD packs, and
2) I had wanted a meal-lootbag-souvenir in one, to simplify distribution, and of course, to cut down on costs.❤️
I also think the Bento Box is a practical souvenir, one that can be used and reused long after the party is over. To personalize it, I scanned the lid to get the actual size of the stickers I need to make to cover the existing ones, and made my own on Photoshop.
- Homecooked Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, with star-shaped cheddar cheese
- Jelly-marshmallow strips that I shaped into an M, my son's initial
- Cocktail hotdogs
- Chocolate and jelly cups
- Ham and cheese mini-sandwiches
I wanted to make the contents as colorful and kid-friendly as much as possible as I do not want any of the food to go to waste.
Based on the reactions of the kids (and the teachers), the birthday bento box idea is a success. :)